Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Close Call on a Balcony

Current Beverage: Swiss Darjeeling black tea.

Well! I swear I have never been so close to discovering and revealing Lady Hyacinth in her usual compromising state as I was last night at Almack’s! Unfortunately the gentleman escaped from the balcony they had been sharing a mere moment before I arrived –bearing a glass of lemonade that I was delivering to a friend that I “thought was on the balcony. ;)” But to think! One moment sooner and I could have congratulated myself that Lady Hyacinth would finally have to be made an honest woman by whatever bounder she had caught this time!

Oh lord. On the other hand, my dear, it could be that the poor man was helpless against her practiced wiles, or had been lead to the balcony on some false pretense, and should by no means have to be shackled to the Jezebel for life! Not when there are still gentlewomen willing to forgive these errors and share the yoke with the misguided soul. And as I like to say, my dear, what’s wrong with a nice Viscount?!
And why indeed should Lady Hyacinth be rewarded for her wicked intentions and randomly bestowed allurements? Yes, my dear, I am very pleased to share that I thwarted Lady Hyacinth from her obvious and over-used attempts to ensnare a fine gentleman, and from now on I shall take great care to be sure of whom I am on the cusp of discovering in a compromising situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment